This Week's Hot Headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Studio Movie Grill moves full speed ahead with new Fort Worth location. Studio Movie Grill will reopen its newest location, SMG Chisholm Trail in Fort Worth, sometime in fall 2021, more than a year after the theater was completed in July 2020 as the anchor to The Shops at Chisholm Trail Ranch. Originally announced in March 2020 just before the start of the pandemic, the theater opened in August 2020 before closing again in January 2021 due to the lack of new movie releases, the company says.
2. Where to drink in Fort Worth right now: 5 best bars with summer vacation vibes. In the landlocked Fort Worth area, you can still get on island time — no airplane ticket required. From tiki lounges to lakefront patios, bars with vacation vibes are just a short drive, or in the case of one brand new sky-high cocktail bar, elevator ride away. Here are five local watering holes perfect for staycation sipping this summer.
3. Innovative Fort Worth chef unwraps 3 exciting new ghost kitchens. Beloved Fort Worth chef Lanny Lancarte has always skillfully rolled with whatever's going on, and in 2021, that means ghost kitchens. The chef is unveiling a new venture called Fantasma Kitchens that will feature three of the hottest cuisines: Mexican, Italian, and fried chicken.
4. Fort Worth Opera unveils daring new direction for landmark 75th anniversary season. It’s out with the old and in with a new vision for Fort Worth Opera’s historic 75th anniversary season. FWO’s calendar of events for 2021-22 looks, at first glance, to be filled with many things that are not actually opera. That’s because the eyes must adjust to the dramatic shift away from FWO’s routine from the past 14 years: There’s no opera festival.
5. Smaller-format Macy's store in Southlake checks out — for now. The paint had barely dried when the pandemic forced Market by Macy's at Southlake Town Square to close in March 2020 after it had just made its national debut on February 6. The brand's first-ever smaller-format department store-plus-restaurant then reopened, and gave it a go — until now. The store has just closed again to remodel and reformat.