This Week's Hot Headlines
Favorite Fort Worth chef's new restaurant tops this week's 5 hottest headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Ex-Max's chef gets wish with new restaurant in South Main Fort Worth. One of Fort Worth's best-known chefs is about to open a new restaurant. Chef Stefon Rishel, who first rose to local fame while working at Max's Wine Dive, will open Wishbone & Flynt in the trendy South Main district of Fort Worth.
2. Fort Worth takes steps to cut down on proliferation of dollar stores. Fort Worth has added regulations that make it a little harder for dollar stores to keep popping up. In December, the City Council voted 8-1 to amend zoning regulations on dollar stores with two specific restrictions.
3. Glenn Beck slashes price of his Westlake mansion to less than $5 million. Conservative talk show host Glenn Beck is trying again to sell his mansion at Westlake’s exclusive Vaquero Club. Beck listed the nearly 9,000-square-foot property, at 2224 King Fisher Dr., for $4.95 million on December 13 — $1.25 million less than it was offered a year-and-a-half ago.
4. New Flower Mound restaurant plays up the flavor and history of Texas. A Brazilian steakhouse in Flower Mound is stepping aside to make room for a new restaurant with a Texas theme. Called 1845 Taste Texas, the restaurant will open at The Shops at Lakeside, at FM 2499 and Lakeside Parkway.
5. 5 indulgent Fort Worth spa treatments to help ease into the new year. The holiday chaos has passed, and it’s time to say, "spaaaaaah." Fort Worth’s spa scene has grown significantly recently, with the opening of glitzy new retreats offering luxurious treatments from head to toes. Here are five new, limited, and must-try-now services at top Fort Worth spas.