This Week's Hot Headlines
Celebrity ranch for sale tops this week's 5 hottest Fort Worth headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Country radio king's Weatherford ranch scoots onto market for $8.2 million. For 25 years, country music radio icon Bob Kingsley and his wife and business partner, Nan, made their home at the legendary Bluestem Ranch, southwest of Weatherford. More than a year after Bob’s death at age 80 after battling bladder cancer, his widow has put their 141-acre horse ranch on the market for $8.2 million.
2. Fort Worth gets one of Macy's cute new smaller-format stores. Department store chain Macy's has opened a new store in Fort Worth that is one of its newer, smaller-format stores. Called Market by Macy's, it opened January 15 in the WestBend lifestyle shopping center, at 1751 River Run, #101, in what was once a cute little Tom Thumb.
3. Hotels with cozy rooftop 'igloos' are a thing in Dallas-Fort Worth. A new hotel in Grapevine has introduced fun little igloos on their rooftop which let you hang outside in a weatherproof environment. Hotel Vin, which opened in September 2020, has added what they call rooftop "bubbles" on their Rioja Rooftop Terrace. They're the second DFW hotel to open igloos to patrons.
4. Lowe's to open first Texas outlet store with discount appliances in Irving. Home goods chain Lowe's Home Improvement is opening a new kind of store in Dallas-Fort Worth: Called Lowe's Outlet of Irving, it will be a discounted version of a regular Lowe's, with new merchandise that has minor cosmetic damage.
5. New on-demand nail service delivers at-home manis & pedis to Fort Worth. Think of it as Uber or Lyft for your fingers and toes. Dallas-based mobile app Cherry has expanded to Fort Worth, bringing on-demand nail services to clients' homes beginning January 15.