This Week's Hot Headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Where to drink in Fort Worth right now: 6 best new bars for January. From cocktails presented in smoked-filled chambers to wine dispensed via a machine, watering holes in Fort Worth have changed a bit in the new decade. With so many novel niceties and new features, these six bars give new reason to toast to 2020.
2. Pencil in these 14 must-attend spring soirees and galas in Fort Worth. Time to purchase the gowns and polish the shoes because Fort Worth's spring social season is here. Here are the dates every social butterfly in Fort Worth should pencil in now.
3. Chef Tim Love tries out tapas in new restaurant at Fort Worth Stockyards. Brave Fort Worth chef Tim Love is dipping his toe into a restaurant realm in which few have succeeded: tapas. On January 17, debuted Ático, a Barcelona-inspired tapas bar at the Springhill Suites by Marriott, the newly opened hotel at 2315 N. Main St. in the Fort Worth Stockyards.
4. Fort Worth penthouse with putting green and waterfall splashes onto market for $5.95 million. For years, the penthouse at the Neil P. building was an empty shell waiting for an owner to buy it and design it as they saw fit. Once the dwelling was purchased, the owners got busy making it a fantastic display of vintage, new, modern, and luxury. But now it's time for new owners, and the penthouse has hit the market for $5.95 million.
5. Ramen restaurant with small but ambitious menu lands in downtown Arlington. Ramen is coming to downtown Arlington. A promising new ramen restaurant called Kintaro Ramen will open at 101 E. Abram St., on the street level of a new residential building at the corner of Mesquite Street, on the site of the former Arlington Public Library.