Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines. For the best things to do this weekend, click here.
1. You decide: Cast your vote for best new restaurant in Fort Worth. Probably the most popular part of CultureMap's Tastemaker Awards, our annual celebration of the best in Fort Worth food and drink, is the category of Best New Restaurant. It's the only category decided by you, via a bracket-style competition where eight new restaurants go head to head. You can vote once a day for your favorite. To vote, click here. Don't delay: The semifinal round ends on Wednesday, May 4.
2. Blake Shelton races to Fort Worth for show at Texas Motor Speedway. Blake Shelton fans, start your engines: The country superstar is coming to Fort Worth next month for a special show at Texas Motor Speedway. The five-time CMA Male Vocalist of the Year and star of The Voice will perform a pre-race concert for the NASCAR All-Star Race on Sunday, May 22, at TMS.
3. Rise and shine for Fort Worth's top 10 restaurants for great breakfast. Wake up wake up, it's time for the latest entry in the 2022 edition of the annual CultureMap Tastemaker Awards. The category we're here to toast is our wild card, which this year is Best Breakfast. In recent years, Fort Worth has enjoyed a big breakfast boom, with lots of new places dedicated to breakfast and brunch, and big crowds to fill the seats. Here are the 10 nominees for 2022 Best Breakfast.
4. Broadway at the Bass peppers 2022-23 season with new hits and old faves. Performing Arts Fort Worth, the nonprofit owner and operator of Bass Performance Hall, has lifted the curtain on the six shows coming to Fort Worth as a part of the 2022-23 Broadway at the Bass Season presented by PNC Bank.
5. The best Fort Worth restaurants for Mother's Day brunch 2022. Mother's Day is on the horizon May 8, and there are all sorts of ways to show you care, but the one we care about here is dining out. Here are the Fort Worth restaurants serving Mother's Day feasts, and like your love for Mom, this list will grow and grow.