Music on the Cheap
Gexa Energy Pavilion annually plays host to a slew of big summer concerts, and this year as a special treat — or perhaps to entice people to go out in the heat — Live Nation has announced a special Kickoff to Summer offer, giving fans access to select shows for just $20 per ticket.
While the deal won't include every concert coming to the Fair Park venue this summer — notable omissions include Weezer, Dixie Chicks, and Zac Brown Band — it does feature the vast majority of acts between May 13 and September 17, including Hall & Oates, Darius Rucker, Korn and Rob Zombie, the Avett Brothers, and Gwen Stefani.
That $20 is a flat fee, by the way; Live Nation doesn't hide fees in its purchases. But there is one catch: The promotion only runs for one week, so you'd better pay attention to the times. It starts at 2 am on Friday, May 13, and runs through 9:59 pm on Friday, May 20. Go here to purchase tickets and for more information on the offer.
Below are the Gexa Energy Pavilion shows featured in $20 Kickoff to Summer deal:
- May 13: Daryl Hall and John Oates
- May 20: Journey and the Doobie Brothers
- May 21: Jason Aldean with Thomas Rhett
- May 29: 97.1 The Eagle’s BFD 16 featuring Shinedown
- June 17: Darius Rucker
- June 18: The Avett Brothers
- June 25: Slipknot with Marilyn Manson
- June 28: G-Eazy and Logic with YG and Yo Gotti
- July 7: Jim Gaffigan
- July 16: The Art of Rap featuring Public Enemy, MC Lyte, and Ice-T
- July 29: Blink-182
- July 30: Rascal Flatts
- August 4: Korn and Rob Zombie
- August 6: 311 and Sublime with Rom
- August 12: Disturbed with Breaking Benjamin
- August 13: Gwen Stefani with Eve
- August 18: Heart, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, and Cheap Trick
- August 19: Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa
- August 20: Dierks Bentley with Randy Houser
- August 24: Def Leppard, REO Speedwagon, Tesla
- August 27: Brad Paisley with Tyler Farr
- September 7: Black Sabbath
- September 17: 5 Seconds of Summer
Want more great stories like these delivered to your inbox daily? Then sign up for our emails.