This Week's Hot Headlines
Relaxing couples' getaways drive into this week's 5 most-read Fort Worth stories
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. 5 relaxing couples' getaways an easy road trip away from Fort Worth. Whether couples have had to spend their quarantines apart, or Mom and Dad desperately need time away from the kids, a getaway-for-two is looking pretty good right now. Here are five Texas destinations perfect for a quick, easy couple’s getaway, all offering vacation-caliber amenities with enhanced safety precautions.
2. Famed Fort Worth chef Jesus Garcia opens innovative 'ghost' restaurant. A longtime Fort Worth chef has opened a new Japanese “ghost restaurant” on the west side, not far from where he got his start. Jesus Garcia, the original owner of the Oni Ramen restaurants in Fort Worth and Dallas, on May 25 returned to the Camp Bowie area with Kintaro, a delivery and take-out spot specializing in Japanese cuisine.
3. Fort Worth theater exits the scene following COVID-19 challenges. After seven years of producing live theater at the Fort Worth Community Arts Center, Tarrant Actors Regional Theatre (TART) has announced it will immediately and permanently cease operations on all mainstage productions.
4. New burger restaurant in northeast Fort Worth will open with a special extra. A new burger joint coming to northeast Fort Worth will open with a very special something extra: ice cream made in-house. The new restaurant is called Sear-N-Dip, and it will open at 5800 N. Tarrant Pkwy., in the same center as the Academy sporting goods store.
5. Hawaiian Falls splashes back into Fort Worth area with new attractions, perks, and precautions. Texas Gov. Greg Abbott allowed waterparks to reopen on Friday, May 29, and Hawaiian Falls parks in Mansfield and Roanoke weren't waiting a minute longer. The two Fort Worth-area waterparks reopened with enhanced sanitation and safety protocols, as well as a few perks and coming attractions.