Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Texas' dreamiest destination spa resort unveils multimillion-dollar renovation. For Lake Austin Spa Resort, the dreamy health and wellness retreat just outside Austin, the pandemic provided just enough pause to complete a multimillion-dollar renovation. Now the 19-acre wellness wonderland is ready to reopen July 1 with new dining rooms, guest rooms, updated spa amenities and services, and new dining menus.
2. Where to drink in Fort Worth right now: 8 best bars to watch PGA golf at Colonial. The golfers are ready, and so are golf fans. The Charles Schwab Challenge, the first PGA Tour event in three months, takes place at Colonial Fort Worth this weekend after a delay caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. Sadly, fans can't attend, but here are the best bars around town for watching all the action unfold on TV.
3. Downtown seafood spot leads these Fort Worth restaurant and bar reopenings and closures. With loosened restrictions on capacity and creative social distancing measures, many restaurants have been able to resume business in recent days. But there's also been some disappointing news of restaurants and bars that have decided to permanently close. Here's the latest round of exciting reopenings and sad closures.
4. The latest event cancellations in Dallas-Fort Worth due to coronavirus concerns. As concerns regarding the spread of the coronavirus and government restrictions on group gatherings continue, more event cancellations and postponements are being announced every day in Dallas-Fort Worth. These are the latest big events to reschedule or scrap dates altogether.
5. Fort Worth theater steps into spotlight as first DFW performance hall to resume shows. Dallas-Fort Worth theater companies are technically allowed to begin welcoming back patrons for live, indoor performances, but at a 50 percent capacity, utilizing six-foot distancing, and with strict health and safety guidelines. But it also begs the question, "is that really going to happen anytime soon?" For Jubilee Theatre in Fort Worth, the answer is yes.