This week's hot headlines
Hottest new bars top this week's 5 most-read Fort Worth headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines. Looking for the best things to do this weekend? Find that listhere.
1. Where to drink in Fort Worth right now: 8 new bars to hit in August. Fort Worth’s new bar scene is as hot as the weather, as a slew of new drinking destinations has opened in recent weeks. Here are eight new (or newly revitalized) bars to cool off with a cocktail this month - including a long-awaited champagne bar.
2. Award-winning Fort Worth restaurateur debuts one-of-a-kind new Italian. Fort Worth restaurateur Belen Hernandez has already won awards for her Mexican vegan concept Belenty's Love Mexican Vegan Restaurant, and now she is expanding into a new cuisine: Italian. Belen and her son just opened Vida Cafe, at 3522 Bluebonnet Cir., where they're doing vegan versions of Italian food.
3. Popular Dallas sushi spot expands west with new location in Grapevine. A Dallas sushi favorite is expanding west: Oishii, which has been a destination for sushi fans for nearly two decades, is opening a location in Grapevine. The restaurant will open at 401 E. SH-114 in September.
4. Smoothie Factory debuts new concept first in North Richland Hills. The Smoothie Factory chain is opening a new kind of location, one that will make its debut in Dallas-Fort Worth. The new concept is called Smoothie Factory + Kitchen, and the first ever location will open in North Richland Hills, at 8517 Davis Blvd., in the fall.
5. These fast-growing Dallas-Fort Worth companies earned spots on the 2023 Inc. 5000 list. Hundreds of Dallas-Fort Worth companies have experienced explosive revenue growth over the last few years, with one such business landing near the top of the prestigious 2023 Inc. 5000 list. One Coppell-based company, Green Light Distribution, ranked No. 4 nationally.