This Week's Hot Headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines. For the best things to do this weekend, click here.
1. Fort Worth's best restaurant, chef, and more winners crowned at 2022 Tastemaker Awards. The annual CultureMap Tastemaker Awards program came to Fort Worth for the very first time, with a brand-new event to honor the city’s talented and hard-working culinary stars. The winners were crowned at an awards ceremony and signature tasting event on Tuesday, May 10 at the 4 Eleven venue.
2. 4 Fort Worth neighbors flourish among most livable small cities in U.S. for 2022. The mound of accolades keeps piling up for Flower Mound. The Dallas-Fort Worth town has been named by personal finance website SmartAsset as one of the most livable small cities in the U.S. Joining it are Mansfield, No. 35; North Richland Hills, No. 78; and Rowlett, No. 103.
3. Top 10 chefs in Fort Worth make dining out a delicious indulgence. We'd reached the pinnacle of the 2022 edition of the annual Tastemaker Awards, CultureMap's culinary celebration shining a light on the top talent in Fort Worth's restaurant and bar communities. These were the 10 nominees for Chef of the Year.
4. Wildly popular Santa Fe immersive arts venture Meow Wolf to open new Grapevine 'portal'. The mesmerizing Santa Fe-based interactive adventure known for enchanting art lovers and amusement zealots with its mind-bending immersive experiences is tripping into Texas with a new permanent exhibition in Dallas-Fort Worth: Meow Wolf will open a new "portal" in Grapevine next year.
5. Fort Worth Opera dazzles with 75th diamond anniversary mega-celebration. Beyond being a "mere" 75th birthday party, the Fort Worth Opera's Diamond Anniversary Celebration on April 22 was also a long-awaited toast to the return of opera at Bass Hall. The mega-celebration included a reimagined production of Verdi's La Traviata, plus an exclusive opening dinner for patrons and a high-energy party that rocked for hours.