This Week's Hot Headlines
New Southwest route takes off in this week's 5 most-read Fort Worth stories
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Southwest Airlines takes off from Dallas with new Texas route for $29. Dallas-based Southwest Airlines has wheeled out a new way to get to Houston — cheap. Beginning April 12, 2021, Southwest customers can fly between Love Field and Houston's George Bush Intercontinental, nonstop, for $29 one way.
2. Bold new Mexican restaurant-bar from San Diego debuts in Fort Worth. A bawdy new Mexican concept from San Diego is making its Texas debut in Fort Worth: El Chingon, a restaurant, bar, and nightlife hot spot will open December 18, at 2800 Bledsoe St., Ste. 100, in the former Trophy Ranch Bar space.
3. Drive-thru dinosaurs descend on Arlington for socially distanced holiday fun. A dinosaur attraction you can enjoy from your car has arrived in Arlington, courtesy of Dinosaur Drive-Thru, taking place in the parking lot of Six Flags Hurricane Harbor from December 17 to January 10.
4. Where to eat in Fort Worth right now: 6 restaurants to take holiday guests. This year, the holidays are going to look vastly different, especially to those who traditionally welcome out-of-town friends and loved ones. This month’s Where to Eat is dedicated to a half-dozen restaurants that can accommodate a small group, satisfy various diets and, in some way or another, offer a dining experience that is purely Fort Worth. (Click here for a complete list of restaurants offering Christmas fare.)
5. Fort Worth music venue Tulips debuts Jewish deli with stacked sandwiches. The coronavirus has been mostly a scourge upon the face of the earth, but it has resulted in one tasty benefit for Fort Worth. Namely, a new Jewish deli from Tulips FTW, the music venue that opened in the Near Southside neighborhood in November.