This week's hot headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines. Looking for the best things to do this weekend? Find that list here.
1. This tiny green inchworm is why Dallas-Fort Worth trees are losing their leaves. If your backyard tree has suddenly and completely lost its leaves, there's a tiny green worm you can blame. It's called the cankerworm, AKA inchworm, and it has invaded trees across Dallas-Fort Worth.
2. These Dallas-Fort Worth high schools sit at head of the class as Texas' best. Several districts in Dallas-Fort Worth have earned extra credit for having the best high schools in Texas. In the latest rankings of the state's best high schools from education review website Niche, these DFW school districts dominated among the top 10 in Texas.
3. Gucci unzips first sumptuous Fort Worth boutique at Shops at Clearfork. Fort Worth fashionistas who, for months, have eagerly watched for the "Open" sign to appear on the city's first Gucci store, can finally grab their handbags and head over. Gucci will open at The Shops at Clearfork on Monday, October 10.
4. NFL legend Terry Bradshaw's ranch north of Dallas-Fort Worth listed for $22.5 million. An Oklahoma ranch around 70 miles north of Dallas-Fort Worth that’s owned by NFL Hall of Famer and Fox Sports analyst Terry Bradshaw is back on the market for $22.5 million. The 744-acre ranch was relisted after a deal with a would-be buyer fell through.
5. Award-winning Hurtado Barbecue brings the brisket & biscuits to Fort Worth. Award-winning Hurtado Barbecue quietly opened a location on September 27 in the Southside neighborhood, in the where it will serve barbecue with a Tex-Mex twist Tuesday-Sunday from 7 am-5 pm. The restaurant takes over the space at 1116 8th Ave. previously occupied by Derek Allen's Texas Barbecue, which closed in June.