The WestBend mixed-use development in Fort Worth's University District is booming, and now there's a slew of new shops and businesses lined up to join the mix, dishing out ice cream, healthy food, burgers, window treatments, and more.
According to a release, developer/operator Trademark Property Company has signed the following new tenants:
- Sweetgreen, fast-casual restaurant focused on salads. Opening: later this year.
- Van Leeuwen, New York-based ice cream company that makes dairy and especially ice creams, opening its first store in Fort Worth. Opening: November.
- The Shade Store, custom window treatment company specializing in luxury textiles and interior design, is currently under construction. Opening: later this year.
- Shake Shack, burger chain with crinkle fries, is opening what will be its second location in Fort Worth. Opening: later this year.
- Quince, award-winning global culinary restaurant founded in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico, where it's been proclaimed the "No. 1 Rooftop Restaurant in the World," is opening its very first location in the U.S. Construction is underway. Opening: late fall.
- Rowan, ear-piercing company, opening its first store in Texas at WestBend. Open: now.
- Karl’s Fishing & Outdoors, which opened earlier this summer, digitally native brand opening its first physical store at WestBend. Open: now.
These newcomers will bring occupancy at the center to 99 percent.
They'll join tenants such as Drybar, Dear Hannah, Pressed Juicery, Woodhouse Day Spa, SusieCakes, Ascension Coffee, and Warby Parker, which recently expanded. WestBend is also home to the first brick-and-mortar store of men’s lifestyle brand, johnnie-O.
“One of Trademark's values is to be extraordinary stewards by elevating places, and that is the posture we’ve taken in the evolution of WestBend," Montesi says. "With an interesting tenant mix and many only-in-Fort-Worth locations, we enhanced WestBend and brought a renaissance to the mixed-use development to complement Fort Worth’s already successful University District."
Other properties in Trademark’s portfolio include Galleria Dallas, Alliance Town Center in Fort Worth, Market Street - The Woodlands in The Woodlands, and La Palmera Mall in Corpus Christi.