This Week's Hot Headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines. Looking for the best things to do this weekend? Find that list here.
1. Don't read this roundup of Fort Worth restaurant news on an empty stomach. Maybe grab a snack because this roundup of restaurant news around Fort Worth is brimming with tasty tidbits: exciting new openings, beloved reopenings, promising new menus, enticing new cocktails, and alluring new limited-edition items. Here's the latest Fort Worth restaurant news.
2. 6 top snow cone stands for an icy sweet treat around Fort Worth. An oasis of relief on a sizzling day can be found by way of the classic snow cone stand. With soft and fluffy shaved ice and so many refreshing flavor options, snow cones provide for a nostalgic taste of a hot summer night. Here are six must-visit Fort Worth snow cone stands.
3. Concert review: Garth Brooks thanks DFW at AT&T Stadium show in Arlington. Seven years after his last area appearance, country singer Garth Brooks returned to North Texas on July 30, performing an electrifying two-hour concert that was as much a raucous, career-spanning show as it was a thank-you letter to the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
4. Top 5 revelations from Garth Brooks' Arlington show press conference. One day before his sold-out show on July 30 at AT&T Stadium, country megastar Garth Brooks was doing what Garth Brooks always does the day before a show: meeting up with the media. These are the top five things the country superstar shared.
5. Authorities charge man with arson for grass fires in northwest Fort Worth. A man was arrested on Thursday, July 28 for setting multiple fires in Fort Worth. Julio Frausto, 32, was charged with one count of second-degree felony Arson, one count of second-degree felony Fraudulent Use or Possession of Identifying Information, and one count of misdemeanor Evading Arrest or Detention.